Orange County and Los Angeles Child Support Spousal support and Alimony Lawyers
Adjusting to the changes brought on by divorce is already difficult.
- First, you must endure the pain of a broken relationship,
- then you fight for the financial support you need to care for your children,
- then try to figure out how to support two separate households while maintaining a normal lifestyle.
When you cannot pay a mortgage and purchase necessities, your suffering increases at precisely the wrong time. These situations call for an experienced lawyer to help avoid further financial complications.
At Hammers & Baltazar Family Law, we have worked with hundreds of divorcing individuals concerned about a substantial drop in income or the possibility of being forced to pay excessive support payments. As experienced advocates we understand the emotional and financial turmoil you are experiencing. We have considerable experience with post judgement support and custody modifications. We work diligently to accomplish your goals while considering your unique circumstances so that we can resolve troubling uncertainties, guide you through the process and preserve your financial well being.
Do you have concerns regarding spousal and child support?
- Spousal support / Alimony – Payments made from one parent to the other for the support of their common child. The payments are usually made from the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent.
- Child support – Payments made to the custodial parent by the non-custodial parent for the support of their common child. These are determined using state guidelines that factor in the child’s time spent with each parent and the incomes of the parents.
Courts consider a number of factors when creating support orders, including: You and your spouse’s ability to earn income, each party’s age and health, the needs of your children, the length of your marriage, the financial needs of each of you relating to your need for support or ability to pay support, and the time each of you spends with your children. We factor in all of the variables relevant to your situation to present a case that is most advantageous to you, regardless of whether you receive support or pay it.
What you can expect
When you work with Hammers & Baltazar Family Law in your support matter you can expect that every remedy available in the law and all variables will be carefully considered and applied to give you an advantage.
If you are divorcing now or may be in the near future, we can help ease your fears about excessive or inadequate spousal support and/or child support payments. We can also represent you if you wish to modify your preexisting support arrangement or if your former spouse has stopped support payments.
Get to know us better. If you have questions regarding spousal support, alimony and child support laws, call us for knowledgeable and experienced answers.
Call our Santa Monica office at (310) 458-0796. Located at Ocean Park and 28th Street.
Call our Costa Mesa/Newport office at (949) 631-2805. Located on Victoria near the 55.
We accept most major credit cards.