Best in Class Family Lawyers serving Los Angeles and Orange County Since 1997
A typical scenario in the lives of our clients:
- Your marriage has broken down and you know that divorce is the only answer.
- You know that you must resolve many issues before your marriage ends.
- You don’t know how or where to begin.
- You don’t know who will give you straight answers.
Our attorneys are specially trained to help people who find themselves in situations like these. We answer your questions and tell you about the challenges ahead. We use the most effective methods available to ensure that you are able to move forward with your life after a divorce.
Helping you clarify your needs.
Our lawyers know that you may be angry, hurting or confused. We spend the time you need to explain the process to you. We talk about the cost of an attorney’s services and how to limit that expense. We work to help you articulate your goals and objectives clearly. We make sure you know that help is available to get you through the difficult days ahead. Our lawyers use proven methods to contain costs, expedite the legal process and identify and pursue your goals.
While we will not hesitate to litigate your divorce whenever necessary, we are skilled at helping clients separate the emotions inherent in the divorce process from the legal issues involved. This usually results in less costly proceedings and more satisfying outcomes.
Making and influencing the law to help improve the process.
The attorneys at Hammers & Baltazar are standouts in the field of family law in California. Our affiliation with these professional organizations allows us to influence legislation that ultimately becomes family law. Our lawyers are members and leaders of organizations such as:
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member.
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, Member.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Executive Committee,
Family Law Section, Member.
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, Member.
- Los Angeles Westside Collaborative Divorce Professionals, Member.
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section – Former Chair and Vice Chair of Children’s Issues Standing Committee, South; Member, Financial Issues Committee, South.
- Santa Monica Bar Association – Family Law Section, Member & Former Chair.
- Santa Monica Bar Association, Member, Board of Trustees
former president – 2009-2010
- Orange County Bar Association – Family Law Section, Executive Committee – 2007 to Current, Legislative Chair 2010-Current Member.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Family Law Section, Member 1997-current,
- American Bar Association – Family Law Section, Member.
- American Bar Association – Member of Custody Committee, Alimony Committee, and Marital Property Committee.
- State Bar of California – Family Law Section, Member 1997-Current, Family Law Section Executive Committee (FLEXCOM) Member 2009-2011.
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Family Law Section, Member.
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section – Co-editor of Child Custody Committee South Newsletter, First Edition.
- Extensive experience developing programs for the family law section of the State Bar of California Los Angeles County Bar Association, and Santa Monica Bar Association and authorship of articles regarding; property division, date of separation, current trends in Family Law, preparing a client for court, and father’s paternity rights, division of stock options in divorce and domestic violence prevention.
- Lecturer for American Bar Association regarding personal injury awards in marital property division, law practice management, duration of marriage for litigation purposes, and third party custody and visitation issues.
- Graduates, American Bar Association, Family Law Trial Advocacy Institute.
- Volunteer, Los Angeles Superior Court Family Law tour docent.
- Volunteer, as a service to the community Barbara Hammers has served as temporary Judge (Protem) for Los Angeles Superior Court.
If you are considering, beginning or currently facing divorce proceedings, call us for a more complete description of our divorce and other family law legal services. These include child custody, spousal and child support, post-judgment modifications, property division and paternity services. We accept most major credit cards.