Family Law Attorney
Barbara K. Hammers
Senior Litigation Partner
Santa Monica/West LA, CA
Newport Beach/Costa Mesa, CA
Senior Litigation Partner Barbara Hammers is certified as a family law specialist by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization.
Ms. Hammers is currently the senior litigation partner in Hammers & Baltazar, LLP, with offices located in Santa Monica and Costa Mesa, California. She has concentrated her law practice in the area of domestic relations/Family Law since 1997. Barbara has
After several years of running successful businesses, Barbara earned her degree in Psychology, graduating with highest honors from California State University, Fullerton. Then Barbara went on to earn her law degree from University of California, Los Angeles, and started her own practice shortly thereafter.
Areas of Practice:
- 100% Family Law
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Family Law, State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization, 2006
- California, 1997 U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1997 U.S. Supreme Court, 1997
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1997 J.D.
- California State University, Fullerton, California, 1994 B.S. Honors: Summa Cum Laude Honors: Dean’s List & Consecutive Semesters Major: Psychology.
- Citrus Community College, Glendora, California, 1991 Associate Science Honors:
Ms. Hammers positions serving professional associations;
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section, 2012 – 2014 Executive Committee advisor
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section, 2009 – 2011 Executive Committee member
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section, 1998 – 2008 Standing Committee member
- State Bar of California, Children’s Issues Committee, 2004 – 2009 Chairman
- State Bar of California, Children’s Issues Committee, 2002 – 2003 Vice Chairman
- State Bar of California, Children’s Issues, Committee, 1998 – 2001 Secretary
- Santa Monica Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2009-2012 Board of Trustees
- Santa Monica Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2010 President
- Santa Monica Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2006 – 2009 Chairman
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2007 – 2010 Executive Committee
- Family Law Section of the Santa Monica Bar Association. Barbara coordinated and presented over 30 continuing education programs 2006-2009.
- American Bar Association’s Family Law Section Barbara assisted in the development of programs for the State Bar of California, Family Law Section. 1999-2002.
Barbara has authored articles on most areas of family law; paternity rights, division of stock options, law practice management, domestic violence prevention, and various other topic of interest to the family law community.
Her volunteer efforts in the community have included assisting victims of Domestic Violence through volunteering at local Domestic Violence Clinics in Los Angeles County. She has been assisting the Los Angeles County Superior Court in Family Law, Traffic, Civil Harassment, and Small Claims in courthouses throughout Los Angeles County since 2007.
Alternative dispute resolution
Early training as a litigator allows her to move comfortably in the family court system but her natural talents as a problem solver make her an excellent mediator. In her desire to offer the full range of legal services to the family law client, she has expanded her practice to include Collaborative Divorce which allows the family law client an alternative to the traditional legal model of litigation to resolve disputes.
Collaborative Divorce allows the clients and their counsel to fashion remedies that make the process of divorcing one with the potential of growth for both parties while preserving the resources of the couple and lessening the damage to children often experienced in the adversarial process. The outcome is usually better than can be obtained in the traditional litigation setting.
Contact Barbara Hammers
- Email email@example.com
- Los Angeles County Offices:
2800 28th Street, Suite 305,
Santa Monica, CA 90405
T: 310-458-0796 F: 310-393-9402
- Orange County Offices:
276 Victoria Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92660
T: 949-631-2805 F: 949-631-2930