Child custody, child support and spousal support can be modified after final judgement if your circumstances change.
Obtaining a final divorce judgment often does not mean that you will never see or have to deal with your ex-spouse again. If you have children, at the very least, you will need to work together to deal with custody, support and visitation matters.
A post-judgement modification can be done if things change.
- If you lose your job or get sick, you may need adjustments in spousal or child support.
- If you or your former spouse remarries, it may involve a move to another city.
- If your income suddenly decreases, you may be unable to meet your obligations.
Courts know that situations change and they provide for the post-judgement modification of support and custody orders to accommodate new circumstances.
We put biased custody evaluators out of business.
We are the only California Family Law firm to create new Family Case Law by successfully challenging a trial court decision that refused to remove a child custody evaluator for bias.
Lawyers with answers about modifications.
We are very experienced working to secure post-judgment modification of custody and support. We fight for your rights with knowledge gained from our years of experience. If you have questions regarding modifying your child support, spousal support, child custody or child visitation orders, our attorneys have answers.
Examples of changes that a court will consider;
- Income changes for you or your former spouse.
- Relocation of residence for you or your former spouse.
- Anything that causes you or your former spouse to spend more or less time with your children.
- The needs of your child significantly change.
- Changes that result in you or your former spouse living with someone of the opposite sex.
What you can expect.
“You can expect that all aspects of your case will be analyzed and a plan put into action that will ensure the best outcome. We will work diligently on your behalf in the best interests of you and your children.”
-Barbara Hammers, Senior Litigation Partner
Contact us. Get a clear picture of your situation.
If you have questions regarding post-judgment support including child custody modification, spousal support modification and chid support modification call us for knowledgeable and authoritative answers.
Call our Santa Monica office at (310) 458-0796. Located at Ocean Park and 28th Street.
Call our Costa Mesa/Newport office at (949) 631-2805. Located on Victoria near the 55.
We accept most major credit cards.